Saturday, January 23, 2010

Some People!

21 days to go

I was minding my own business walking to the train after work when this rather beat up kid jumps in front of me with a sign.  Seems he is protesting the Olympics.  He shouts right in my face " how do you feel about starving children in India?".  Well, naturally, I said - I am against it.  "Well, it's the same thing here.  How do you feel about starving street peopel?"  Again, naturally I said - I am for it now get the hell outta my way.  If I hadnt been wearing my 'walking around town shoes", he might have caught me with the sign.  Seems he was not happy with my answer.  I have had run-ins with this guy before.  He is a squeegy guy who doesn't take no for an answer.  He has called me some choice names and I have threatened to run him over.  I figure we are about even.

Whether you agree with the games or not, they are here now and we have paid for them and will continue paying for them for decades to come, we might as well enjoy them.

Granville street was ridiculously busy today.  They had the lighting of the lanterns for the Lunar Fest which will continue until the end of March.  I will try to get a picture of it all lit up.  The amount of security is quite astounding.  It seems it is almost 2 to 1.  New structures seem to be appearing all over the place.  They are building on the grass of the art gallery but not sure what they are yet.

Robson skating rink is really busy and they already have live music on the weekends.  Downtown is really becoming party central.  It is hard not to get caught up in all the excitement.

The picture I posted today is the one where Kris thinks I resemble a tube of toothpaste with a cap.  Oh well, hides the bad hair.

Stay tuned and I will try to keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment