Friday, May 13, 2011

Too Much of Woman

He is tall, good looking with salt and pepper hair and deep blue eyes.  He likes to ride his bike, read a good novel, travel and spend time with his family.  Oddly, he sounds just like me (well minus the height thing and the hair).  He is funny and appeared to be intellegent (appearances can be deceiving).   His name is Rick

We met for coffee in the afternoon and 25 minutes later..............

"I am thinking that perhaps you are not what I am looking for.  You appear to be too successful for me.  I am looking for someone who needs me, that I can take care of." 

Translation - I am a big woosy and you can probably beat the crap out of me.  OR - I am afraid of competent women and need to be the one in the position of power because I have no self-esteem and am suffering from low testosterone levels.

Oy Vey!  What the heck.  I didn't like him anyway.  Rarely do I find it appealing when I have more testosterone than my date.  I hate having to protect my boyfriend from harm as he hides behind my skirt.  However, never say never.  Having never experienced that before, who knows, maybe I would like it.  I came close once though - first husband but that's a story for another day.

Is there something in the water that I don't know about?  Does it have to do with the fact that I now have to shave, pluck or laser chin hairs now?  I really thought that men appreciated successful women.  And who even said I was successful?  If he had stuck around longer he might have discovered that I am hanging on by a thread.  Most days I have to dress twice since I usually forget something.  Some days I even forget where I am supposed to be.  If I remember to wear two of the same socks, I know it will be a good day.

Things were put into perspective for me this morning.  I was visiting my doctor for an early morning check-up.  I told him I give up.  I am totally prepared to never date again.  He looked at me for a minute and said "you still have a shot.  Your problem will come when you have to wear a catheter bag.  That will make dating difficult."  My head snapped back so quickly I knocked it against the wall and the picture fell down.  I demanded to know what he meant by that.  Was he saying I was going to have to wear a bag around?  Actually, turns out he was just pointing out things could be worse.  Remember, my Doc is a funny man.

Well, since I am perfectly happy in my life, this is not devestating news to me.  I am prepared to live with a house full of cats and rocking chairs.  Doesn't mean I have given up.  I will continue with my social expermentation.  Wonder if I can get a grant for my research.  That would be cool.  I would date with a clip board asking all sorts of personal questions such as "Do you dress left or right?"

Anyway, have a very full weekend planned - 2 lacrosse games and a brunch!

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment