Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More positive and uplifting

So it seems my daughter likes my blog postings but thinks they might be a tad depressing.  She wants me to write more uplifting articles. 

So my darling, this one is for you.  It is enought to make an old lady proud and put a smile on a nannagramma's lips.  However, children of said old lady might be a tad uncomfortable.

I recieved a message from a delightful man (barely) last week.  He thinks I am beautiful with a wonderful smile and gorgeous eyes.  During our many email exchanges, he has discovered not only am I all those other things but I am smart, funny and articulate with a great 'sense of self''. 

I will describe this man as not only incredibly intelligent (see above for confirmation) but funny, sweet and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! talk about gorgeous!  He is like dessert on a stick.  Like that extra piece of cheesecake that you discover contains no calories at all.

He is 31 years old.  But I don't care.  He lives in Arizona.  I don't care.  I have an Aunt who is currently in Palm Springs - just a short hop away.  This fella is so yummy, I think I will have to ask her to pop on over a State and check him out.  If he checks out for her, and she doesn't keep him for herself, I will ask her to shove him in the trunk of her car and head for the border.

I have a feeling my child will not be quite so happy when my "uplifting" story ends with me introducing her to her new daddy - who is a year younger than she is.   On the upside, he will most likely outlive me which will alliviate her from having to care for me in my old age.  The issue of inheritance will also be moot.  Chances are really good that I will have to spend everything I have on upkeep to try to keep up with a  hubby almost 20 years younger.  This will be the start of annual facelifts, tummy tucks, butt lifts and the like.  I guess I will even have to address that pesky COOPERS DROOP.  Wonder how much that costs.

I also wonder how I will be as someones 'Mrs. Robinson'.  I am not really comfortable in the teaching position.  I tend to just want to get the job done and not waste time explaining things.  I have a feeling I might get bored - after a year or two.  I imagine that once we stop talking about how gorgeous he is and how wonderful I am, we might not have a whole lot left to discuss.

So, how is that for uplifiting?  He has been a boost to a sagging ego during a week when I have been contacted by 1)  a man who finally conceeded that he and his wife are more like roommates and therefore its ok for him to have a girlfriend and 2)  a pervert who just wants an 'intimate encounter' with a gorgeous blonde and 3)  an idiot - no more need be said.

A friend of mine is taking me out to a gay bar on Saturday night - first time ever.  She says we can dance and have fun without having to worry about being annoyed.  I have no idea what one wears to a gay bar but I have a feeling that no matter what I chose, they will be better dressed than me.  Oh well, I am looking forward to it and will of course, keep you updated on my experience.

Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment