Saturday, May 19, 2012

I dreamt of Thor

I was atop the white washed cliffs of Greece looking resplendent in my flowing Grecian gown with gold embellishments and my long blonde hair flowing (my dream, I was gorgeous - 5'10", and skinny) in the light breeze gazing upon the most splendid of beings approaching me.  I was throwing caution to the wind and throwing out my rule of robbing the cradle as I watched this splendid specimen approach with his bulging muscles, long blonde hair, blue eyes and shirtless chest.  Wait, it really didn't matter anyway since Thor himself is actually thousands of years old even if he looked 25.  Guilt free, I stretched my arms out ready for the ecstasy that was to be mine.  Out of the corner of my eye I see a flash of light and was awestruck to see Iron Man swoop down upon our lonely cliff.  As a fight broke out over the love that was to be mine, I could not help but feel a giddiness that I hoped would never fade.

You may have realized that I went and saw the new Avengers movie yesterday.  Holy crap on a cracker, but these men were yummy.  I spent most of the movie just trying to figure out who I wanted first.  Never did quite make up my mind.  I decided to take them first alphabetically then in date order.  Of course, Robert Downey Jr. came first (not in date order and then alphabetically - last name first) as Iron Man.  Oh what a night we had.  I would say that Thor brought up the rear but that sounds dirty.  Lets just say, he was dessert.

I awoke to a tangle of sheets and two of my three pillows on the floor - one over across the room by the TV.  Made me wonder what else I was doing in my sleep.

I am thinking that since absolutely no one could live up to the impossibility of the Avengers, I cannot possibly go back online and not be disappointed.

By the way, the movie was pretty good too.  You need to see it in 3D.  I was so twitchy in my seat bobbing and weaving as I tried to escape the aliens, that I am afraid I made my friend Heather a little jumpy as well.

Prior to the movie yesterday, I had the three wee grandkids on Thursday afternoon.  I picked them up for dinner in the park and then took everyone to Xavier's lacross game in Delta.  As we went to Timmy's to pick up sandwiches, TimBits and chocolate milk, I was informed by Rae that I was not allowed to buy hamburgers as "the parents" would not like this.  "The parents" seem to be a rough bunch.  Anyway, we played at the park for awhile before heading off to the wrong arena for the game.  After about 20 minutes of being lost, we finally made our way to the right place and Xavier headed off to the dressing room where I was not allowed - "please don't come in Nanna - I can do this by myself but you can tie my shoes when I come out."  What a dichotomy - big enough to dress himself in enough gear so he can beat up a bus and not get hurt, but not big enough to tie his shoes tight enough so he doesn't trip.

After a rather fun game, I made my way home where I promptly fell asleep on the couch.  It was 9pm.  What a glamorous life I lead.  I rarely make it through the news any more and refuse to see a movie after 6pm as I will get home too late.  Oy Vey!  I need some real excitement to perk me up - any ideas? 

Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment