Monday, November 28, 2011

Forgot to mention

Another great birthday present.

I made my way to the Motor Vehicles department to get my new drivers license.  As I stood at the counter the fellow said (in a rather loud voice) HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  I thanked him and wished this would just move along.  How was I to know he was about to make my day?

"So, Holly, how tall are you", he asked.  "well, since I am wearing heels today, I happen to be 5'3"", I replied.  "And how much do you weigh?"  Really, I thought?  Do you have to ask this?  "Come on, "it's my birthday.  Cut me some slack here," I responded.  "well, how much do you want to weigh", he asked.  It took me all of 1/2 a second to respond "122 pounds".  "Let it be so, and happy birthday!"

He then asked me to move around the corner so he could take my photo.  He had to tell me twice to stop smiling but it was hard.  I was now officially, on a government document, 5'3" tall weighing in at 122 pounds. I haven't been 122 pounds since my first drivers license.  He took 6 photos and let me chose the least offensive.

It was a pretty good experience.  However, I have warned my family that they will now have to do a visual identification should anything happen to me since my description will not match my ID.

Anyway, next time you need your license renewed, might I suggest the cute young guy at the DMV on the corner of Burrard and Georgia Streets in downtown Vancouver.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment