Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Very exciting time

Well, these last couple of weeks sure have been full of fun and games.  Very busy time at the Millar home.

Last weekend I went to a cousin's 50th birthday party.  What an absolute blast.  It was held at a horse farm in Langley with live music, free flowing booze and a rather large pig on a spit.  I am afraid my wee granddaughter Rae may now be a tad traumatized by the experience.  She was not at all that pleased at seeing the pig spinning around with its head and tail still intact.  The other two kids however had their pictures taken with it. 

We had a wonderful dinner followed by live music.  I approached my grandson Xavier to see if he would dance with me.  He refused.  I offered him a quarter.  He looked at me and continued to eat his corn on the cob.  About 45 minutes later I was dancing with his sister when he joined me on the dance floor.  I was touched.  (Little did I know how literally I was about to be 'touched').  As the next song started, I expected him to leave but he turned to me and said he loved that song so we continued to dance.  This scenario replayed about 5 more times.  Finally a waltz was played and so he was ready to leave the dance floor.  However, before we departed he announced "that will be $2 please."  Little shyster.  Not only did he actually charge me per dance but he added a service fee as well since  6 dances are only $1.50.   He will go far in this world.

Today is my final day with my company.  It is with mixed feelings that I depart.  Everyone has been so kind.  Kind to the point that I made a complete ass out of myself yesterday.  I was invited to one of my branches for a bit of a farewell where I was presented with a fabulous Coach bracelet, chocolates and a wonderful card which everyone had signed.  I have lived by the rule - "there is no crying in business and there is certainly no hugging".  Well, holy crap - broke my own rule - first my eyes watered, then I sniffled and by the end I was sobbing as I ran back to my office.  I even HUGGED!  What is happening to me?  This is so unlike me.  Must be my hormones or something.

To make myself feel better, I packed up and headed out early.  I had places to go - I was off to meet my destiny.  I knew this day would come sooner or later.  Last evening was a little later than I wanted but at least it was finally here.  I even bought fresh undies - 2 pair.  One to wear and one to toss with my phone number inside.  I arrived early.  I grabbed something to eat, pulled up a piece of grass and patiently waited for destiny to begin. 

As the sun started to set a hush fell over the crowd.  As his name was announced a cheer arose from the crowd.  As he walked onto the stage the crowd went nutso.  As he began to sing, our eyes met across the crowd and I knew, just knew, he was singing to me and only me. Oh sure, there were other people around but he had eyes for me alone.  It was destiny as I knew it would be when I began kissing his picture goodnight those many years ago.  This was the man I was meant to be with.  I finally had my moment with the man of my girlish dreams......Donny Osmond.  It was magical.  The open air of the concert held at the park in the PNE only leant itself to the wonder of it all.

I was there by myself as none of my friends wanted to go with me.  I didn't understand why not but was secretly glad that I alone had this moment.  I did not even invite my brother to tag along.  As you can imagine he was devestated.  Oh sure, he covered it up well with laughter  but I know he was hurt that I did not want to bring him with me.  It would have ruined my image.  A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

Well, will have lots to write about the next time.  I am off on holiday for a week or so.  Taking the grandkids to my Dad's and the PNE and then I am off to Niagara-on-the-lake for the beginning of my new job.

I will keep you posted with all the goings on.


No comments:

Post a Comment